banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

yngwie sound from duncan bridge pickup???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yngwie sound from duncan bridge pickup???

is there a noiseless SD pickup i can put in the bridge pos. on a strat that sounds comparable, or better than dimarzio hs2 or hs3?

Re: yngwie sound from duncan bridge pickup???

Hm, i think no.
    There are of course better pickups, but Yngwie's sound IS the HS-3.
    For my taste it's too thin, too glassy.
    If you want a hum-free single-coil sound for metal, i would suggest the live wire hot.
    Very high output and clarity in one pickup.
    Pickups... the final frontier.
    These are the voyages of the Seymour-Duncan Forum-Users.
    Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Comment

yngwie's pups are low output, you of all people should know that.

Comment

of course i know that. The live wire hot is only a suggestion for a metal-suitable single-coil-sound, which is hum free. NOT for a Yngwie sound. Somehow i like it, but somehow i dislike it for it's low output.
        Pickups... the final frontier.
        These are the voyages of the Seymour-Duncan Forum-Users.
        Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Comment

Originally posted by stratobastard
          is there a noiseless SD pickup i can put in the bridge pos. on a strat that sounds comparable, or better than dimarzio hs2 or hs3?
          Better: IMO each and every one

Close: PUH, that´s harder,....I think about the closest you can come to YJMs setup would be 2 classic stacks for neck and Middle, and the slightly warmer, slightly hotter Vintage Rails at the bridge. But depending on your amp and fingers, this may or may not get you into the ballpark

FWIW
          Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Working...
          X