Jackson JS-20 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson JS-20 help

Ok, so I have a Jackson JS-20 that I am switching the humbucker out of and probably going with either the phat cats or the invaders. I guess maybe I should be a little more open minded but for the most part, I really don't think that I like any of the sounds I heard other than the invaders, and from what I know of the p-90 sound that the phat cats make, I think they are my best choices. Could someone input for me?
    Phat Cats
    66.67%
    Invaders
    33.33%

Re: Jackson JS-20 help

Originally posted by mandrake
    Ok, so I have a Jackson JS-20 that I am switching the humbucker out of and probably going with either the phat cats or the invaders. I guess maybe I should be a little more open minded but for the most part, I really don't think that I like any of the sounds I heard other than the invaders, and from what I know of the p-90 sound that the phat cats make, I think they are my best choices. Could someone input for me?
    Are you open to active pickups? I normally use active pickups but someone at Guitar Center told me to try the Invader and I was soooo disappointed, I couldn't stand it! I should have just bought the EMG 81 like I had originally planned. It was like stepping down after using active pickups for years.
    Jackson SL1 with an Emg 81 and Emg single coils
    Charvel custom with a Seymour Duncan Live Wire Metal
    B.C. Rich Warlock N.J. with crappy B.C. Rich stock pickups
    Digitech Gsp21 Legend(about to upgrade to an Engl e570)
    BBE 482 Sonic Maximizer
    Alesis Meq230
    Samson S1500 750watt a side power amp(about to upgrade to a Mesa Boogie 2:ninety)
    X2 Marshall 4x12 1960 "B" cabs

My band: www.decrepitbirth.com

Comment

what sound do you have in your head? what do you want to play etc, a bit more info so we can help ya better

Comment

Hmm, the Invader and the PhatCat, I think I couldnīt pick 2 more "opposite" humbuckers if I tried.. Which unfortunately makes our job a bit harder

What kind of tone are you looking for and what gear are you using?? That way we can give you a much better set of tips
        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
          Hmm, the Invader and the PhatCat, I think I couldnīt pick 2 more "opposite" humbuckers if I tried..
          i was thinking the same thing (allthough the phat-cat aint a bucker) but in such oposite worlds you can really only go

we need more info on that one mate

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
            ....(allthough the phat-cat aint a bucker) ....
            True, my slip up
            Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Working...
            X