• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SABOTAGE
    replied
    Re: EVH Custom Shop HB pup

Originally posted by Jeff5
    What kind of magnet does the EVH pup use? Anyone know what its EQ and output is like?
    my bud has a 25th anniversary charvel with that pup in it
    it has a alnico II magnet and a relatively lower output.
    a little hotter than a duncan pearly gates

Leave a comment:

• Simon_F
    replied

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff5
    replied

What kind of magnet does the EVH pup use? Anyone know what its EQ and output is like?

Leave a comment:

• zak
    replied

I have that pickup in an ernie ball axis with an a2p in the neck. I love it - clean wise the fact it has an a2 magnet means that you cleans dont sound overly bright - i would never play an a5 bridge pickup clean. The pickup sounds fantasti eith a bit of gain - it has a lot more mids than a 59 (so make sure that is to your liking), it is warmer than a 59, but still has a lot of clarity for an a2 pickup.
    As far as a good neck pickup to go with it, the A2 pro is OK( output-wise it is a good match), but i have to say that i dont particularly like the sound i get with both pickups selected - it is just a bit to middy for me. I imagine the same would happen if you used the EVH neck pickup aswell. I am thinking of putting a 59 in there instead. - the reduced mids in the 59 would probably work better.

Leave a comment:

• SemperRhythm
    replied

I bet it would sound awesome in a LP...

I think they are "normally" trem-spaced, but being Custom Shop it should easily be made standard spaced.

Nathan

Leave a comment:

• aleclee
    replied

I got one a few months ago. For me, it redefines the term "punchy" while providing a nice clear clean tone.

If you have the scratch, MJ will wind you a matching neck pickup. I'm pretty happy with it, too.

Leave a comment:

• RodO
    started a topic EVH Custom Shop HB pup

EVH Custom Shop HB pup

Has anyone on the DL used this pup? Thinking real hard about slapping this into the bridge position of my Les Paul. At the moment I am using A2pb/59n and C5b/59n. Looking to get a little more versaility... Really love the Alnico II magnet. Also, if you respond positivly to the question above, what neck pup would suit it best; A2Pn?
Working...
X