banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about pots and caps and the effect on pickups and sound...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about pots and caps and the effect on pickups and sound...

250 and 500s and linear vs audio taper, what are the pros and cons? Im mostly concerned about humbuckers, but what are the general rules?

And as far as caps go, these roll off the highs? Correct? So what would be the benefits of using different types? Generally speaking....Thanks

Re: Questions about pots and caps and the effect on pickups and sound...

I have been wanting to know this as well.
    Looking to Purchase:
    Axe-FX Ultra
    ART SLA2
    Mesa Boogie 2X12
    PRS Tremonti
    PRS Singlecut, SC245 or SC250
    Edwards Les Paul Custom
    Gibson Explorer
    Fender Stratocaster
    Fender Telecaster

Comment

Comment

If you look in the Vault, you'll find all sorts of useful information, including this link to the "Project Guitar" tutorials. Scroll down a bit and you'll see a couple of things relating to pots & caps.

Chip
        Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
        Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
        Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
        SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
        SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
        "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

bump

Comment

I never considered replacing the electronics of my Les Paul until about a week ago when I ran across a posting from bryvincent, who recommended this site for an electronics upgrade (thanks!!):

I placed my order Monday and should recieve the shipment Friday. I am excited about seeing how the upgrade affects the tone of my guitar. I plan to record the differences and may possibly post them here for reference. I'll definitely post my opinion once the project is complete.
            -Gibson LP & SG, G&L Legacy HB
            -1977 Marshall JMP 2204, Fargen Townhouse 5w

Comment

Working...
            X