banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evan: When did SD make the 8.2k Broadcaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evan: When did SD make the 8.2k Broadcaster?

Evan or anyone in the know, when did SD begin and stop making the 8.2k Broadcaster? I'm trying to figure out when this pup I just got may have been built.
    Here's the listing with pictures:

'06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Re: Evan: When did SD make the 8.2k Broadcaster?

I'm not aware of us making an 8.2K Ohm Broadcaster pickup. Our STL-1b specs out at 7.6K -- but with a 5% tolerance, could go as high as 8K. Maybe you got a hot one and your meter just isn't perfectly calibrated with ours.

Or, maybe you got some kind of custom shop deal.

Either way, how does it sound?
    Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
    Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Evan,
      I don't know if the specs have changed at all over the years, but Lew commented that he felt some of the earlier ones were hotter. He also had one that measured 8.2, like Jump's.
      "music heals"
      facebook

Comment

I just asked Seymour about it and he said that he would occassionaly wind custom versions using 43 PE wire, which is a little thinner and would get a slightly higer d.c.r.
        Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
        Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Man I love this forum! You're asking a Vice President of the company a question, and he responds with, "I just asked Seymour..."

How cool is that??!

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin Lee Fan
            Man I love this forum! You're asking a Vice President of the company a question, and he responds with, "I just asked Seymour..."

How cool is that??!
            Ain't that the damn truth!!!!!!
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Thanks so much Evan, it sounds VERY nice clean. Quite open, slightly nasaly and extreemly sensitive to pick attack. I'm still trying to find the sweet spot for gain, but with my present setup it sounds quite good with only very slight gain. I don't believe that the guy that I got this from really knew what he had there. And to think he swapped this out for Fender Custom Shop's! LOL, I'm sure they will sound nice too, but this thing has mojo. It looked old and crusty. If there is a possibility of this being from the custom shop, how might I find out?

Specifically, without knowing the actual +/- tolerances, this pup measured 8.26k.
              Last edited by JumpMarine; 10-25-2004, 08:17 PM.
              '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin Lee Fan

How cool is that??!
                THE COOLEST!!!

Comment

"SBT" was wax penciled on the base, what does that stand for?

Comment

Working...
                  X