Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement for JB

Hi,

I've been using JB's in the bridge position of most all my Humbucker guitars.
    I've been very pleased with them but I havn't tried anything else except for a Distortion.
    I find this pickup a bit to shrill.
    I need something a bit thicker sounding pickup than that or the JB.
    Most guitars I have with a JB have a mahogany body.
    However, I'm looking to install the new pickup in a '90s Kramer Stagemaster.
    This is a superb guitar but it has a basswood body. Not exactly my favorite wood. I must say the JB sounds a lot better in my Warmoth and Larkin, both with mahogany bodies.
    Can anyone suggest a pickup that would add a little warmth and perhaps a thicker sound, especially when soloing in the upper regions of the neck.

Thanks
    Warmoth Soloist - Warmoth Strat -
    Chris Larkin ASAD - G&l '84 Interceptor - G&l Legacy Special - Ibanez UV77BK - Fender '76 Strat - Kramer Stagemaster Deluxe (2) - Kramer Stagemaster Deluxe - Kramer Sustainer - Kramer Nightswan - Line 6 Variax700

Re: Replacement for JB

It sounds like you might like the Custom Custom. It really has personality and it's great for hard rock solos.. very agressive, but it sounds great clean too.. even for country type sounds.
    My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
      It sounds like you might like the Custom Custom. It really has personality and it's great for hard rock solos.. very agressive, but it sounds great clean too.. even for country type sounds.
      I agree. I'd also consider the custom or even a 59 for the warmer tone that your looking for.

Comment

The Custom Custom is also my suggestion. I used a JB and changed the pots to 250k.
        Then i tried the CC (with 500k) and replaced the JB.
        I think the CC is agressive and smooth too. Aggressive highs with smooth bass.
        Pickups... the final frontier.
        These are the voyages of the Seymour-Duncan Forum-Users.
        Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Comment

Working...
        X