SH-6 or PATB2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SH-6 or PATB2

Regular Distortion or Parallel Axis Distortion in a mahogany bodied, set maple neck, rosewood fretboard USA Hamer Californian?
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Re: SH-6 or PATB2

Anyone?
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

No one, huh?

Comment

From what I've heard, if you can afford the PATB2, go for it, but if not the SH-/TB-6 Distortion. They are basically the same pickup except that the PATB2 has a little more output and some other things I've forgot about.

Comment

Very strange that you ask this now. I have both and still did not decide what too choose.
          The PATB-2 is darker and more bassy, the TB-6 has a brighter tone.
          Both are agressive, but i think the PATB-2 has more output and suits more metal riffs, while the TB-6 suits for riffs and shredding.
          The PATB-2 sounds more modern to my ears.
          Maybe it might be too dark for your (already darker sounding mahagony) guitar.
          Pickups... the final frontier.
          These are the voyages of the Seymour-Duncan Forum-Users.
          Their continuing mission: to explore strange new pickup mods, to seek out new tones and new guitars, to boldly go where no mod has gone before.

Comment

Working...
          X