banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

uhhh, duhh...push/pull? for to split coils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uhhh, duhh...push/pull? for to split coils?

So I'm all checkin' the schematics page for splitting hummers and apparently you need a push/pull or some whatchamacallit to solder the red and white to in order to split/parallel. Do I need to install a new pot, or can that be soldered to the toggle switch, or do I need to go smoke a new pot?

I don't know I'm talking about.
    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
    Originally posted by Sosomething
    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Re: uhhh, duhh...push/pull? for to split coils?

Originally posted by korovamilkdud
    So I'm all checkin' the schematics page for splitting hummers and apparently you need a push/pull or some whatchamacallit to solder the red and white to in order to split/parallel. Do I need to install a new pot, or can that be soldered to the toggle switch, or do I need to go smoke a new pot?

I don't know I'm talking about.
    Chris...A push/pull pot gives you two tonal options..You get series/split or series/parallel...I use an on/on/on DPDT mini switch and wire it the same as you would series/split....Now you get series/split/parallel with this mini switch..That's how I do it...If you absolutely can not have an extra hole in your guitar guard or whatever then go with the push/pull pot and the 2 tonal options..

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

another option is to use a on/off/on switch to choose between upper coil split/ both coils in series/ lower coil split ...

another option is a 5-way, 4 pole supermegamaxi switch

good luck

cheers,
      t4d
      gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

I need to go to bed. I'll be smarter after I get some sleep.
        Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
        Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
        Originally posted by Sosomething
        "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Working...
        X