Stupid Grouds!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Grouds!!!!

so i was rewiring one of my guitars, and i got it so that there is no hum when i take my hand off of the strings, but when i touch the bridge it makes a poping noise, i think its the grouds.. HELP

Re: Stupid Grouds!!!!

Originally posted by HolyDirt
    so i was rewiring one of my guitars, and i got it so that there is no hum when i take my hand off of the strings, but when i touch the bridge it makes a poping noise, i think its the grouds.. HELP
    Did it pop like that prior to do any changes within your guitar? If so...Yes first resolder your grounds..You want nice shiny puddles of solder and minimal amounts of solder also..With solder,less is better actually. Also check and see if by moving wires that your noise gets better? You can't do this test on a strat though with it's pickguard...If your grounds look good,check all of your other connections also.

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
    X