Need Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help!

I just bought a new guitar and i'm going to replace the stock pickups. The guitar is a Schecter diamond seriers and I believe the wood is mahogony, please correct me if I'm wrong. I was wondering what kind of pickups to get. I have a JB and Jazz in my jackson rx10 and love the sound but I think I want something different. I was looking at some dimarzio's pickups and the steve special (bridge) and humbucker from hell (neck) looked intresting. would these work well together? I play lots of neo-classical and blues. i'm your typical shredder. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I'm also looking at duncans too so any pickups you guys think will fit my style. Thx for the help =)

Re: Need Help!

Most of the diamond series schecter are mahogany except for the PT I believe. Which model do you have? Can't help much with dimarzios but there are many people here that can. The only dimarzio that I've used is the super D and it not a pup that I really care for. For shred, I'd try a screamin demon or a parallel axis distortion in the bridge. These are 2 different beasts and the latter will have more mids and higher output. Both sound great for shed stuff however, the demon is a bit more versitle in my opinion. You can cover bluesy stuff with it. For the neck, a full shred is one of my favorites. Very clear and great for soloing in the neck position.

Comment

My schecter is a diamond seriers C-1 Elite. Ya I do most of my soloing in the neck so I'll think about getting the full shred. Thx for the help

Comment

has anybody tried the Humbucker from hell? would this be good for that yngwie type sound? how about the tone zone in the bridge would that be a good choice?

Comment

I dont know much about the Humbucker From Hell but i used to have a Tone Zone in the bridge of my Ibanez and i dint like it for shredding, i prefer a pickup with good bite for that which the Tone Zone did not have at all. And also it sounds a little artificial the way its equed and all the high end gain.
          Fender Sunn Mustang - highly rayz'd!
          Laney LX35R Combo
          ToneWorks AX10
          ...wish there was more but thats it

Comment

Working...
          X