Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hum-Sing-Hum in a V

A couple questions:

1. Can anyone recommend a good hum-sing-hum combo to go into a V? The body is mahogany back with a maple top, birdseye maple neck with a brazilian rosewood fretboard. My first thoughts for the hums were the PG or ANII Pro in the neck, but I'm stumped beyond that.

2. I'm going to be setting it up with 1 volume, 1 tone, and a 5-way ROTARY switch. Can anyone point me to a good schematic for this? Or send me one?

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

Re: Hum-Sing-Hum in a V

welcome to the forum!!!

what type of sound are you looking for? im a big fan of the pg so thats usually one of my first thoughts as well. as far as the rotary switch, i dont have a pic for ya but im sure some one here knows where there is one

Comment

I'm helping a friend of mine put this together. His current guitars are a Les Paul Standard and a Music Man, flat-top EVH job. I think he's just hoping to get a little more variety out of this one, and take advantage of that middle position single-coil since it will be the only single coil in his arsenal. His style is pretty dynamic. He's got great finger speed and loves to play hard and fast, but also likes to come up with some more melodic riffs that don't have quite such an edge.

Does that help?

Comment

i might go with a pg set with a ssl2 in the middle. if he already has a lp, the pg set should give him a little more variety and the ssl is a great sounding clear toned single coil

Comment

thanks for the suggestion. any others?

I'm also in desperate need of help with wiring this thing up with a five way rotary.

Comment

Originally posted by hammerthumbs
            I'm also in desperate need of help with wiring this thing up with a five way rotary.
            If no one else gets to this, I'll cover it. Just, I got a couple in front of you.

Comment

Thanks, ArtieToo. I can't find any info on this anywhere. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Here's a schematic for PRS-wiring with a 5-way rotary. It is for 2 humbuckers, but maybe it can get you started?

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Comment

i have the h-s-h configuration in my i1 which is mahogany, with quilted maple cap, mahogany neck and rosewood fretboard...

Alnico 2 pro neck (hum)

Alnico 2 pro middle (single)

JB bridge (hum)

i cannot imagine any combo sounding any better...i know my experience with it is limited...but this definitely a winning combo!
                  Originally posted by jeremy
                  God hates bad guitar tone
                  GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                  AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                  EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                  Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Working...
                  X