SH13 Dimebucker. Need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SH13 Dimebucker. Need help!

Hi. I'm considering buying the Seymour Duncan SH13 Dimebucker, but I was wondering what you guys think of the pickup? I'm quite aware that it can be really sharp sounding, but I like it sharp, hehe. I will be putting it in my Ibanez Iceman 400 with a mahogany body.

Re: SH13 Dimebucker. Need help!

Originally posted by Dustefjerten
    Hi. I'm considering buying the Seymour Duncan SH13 Dimebucker, but I was wondering what you guys think of the pickup? I'm quite aware that it can be really sharp sounding, but I like it sharp, hehe. I will be putting it in my Ibanez Iceman 400 with a mahogany body.

Hey Dustefjerten,

The Dime is definitely a rippin' pup (think chainsaw). I have one in a Jackson V (maple neck thru w/alder wings) and it sounds great. I don't know if I would say it's a "sharp" pup, but it's surely edgey and has no problem cutting thru. I think it would sound great in a mahogany body, IMO. Good luck.

Peace,

Darrin

Comment

Thanks for the answer. I guess sharp was'nt the word I was looking for, but I was unsure what englsih word to use. Anyways, thanks alot.

Comment

Its a great pup. It can be a bit harsh, or sharp, or icepicky, hehe however you want to describe it. But it handles gain great and also cleans up pretty nicely.

Comment

Bump!

Comment

Originally posted by Dustefjerten
            Bump!

If you put it in a guitar with a Mahogany body, then its going to sound killer.
            I have a SH-13 in both of my SGs and they sound so thick and defined.
            A lot of people think it's a super hot rodded gain monster, but its not, actually.
            It's a pretty clean pickup that lets your sound cut through.
            and if you roll the volume down a bit, then you get a nice little twang.

Hope that helps ya.
            This space is for rent.

Comment

Working...
            X