No announcement yet.

Does the JB make a decent neck pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the JB make a decent neck pickup?

I've got a 80s vintage JB with a busted coil (I think). It only reads 8k and I can't get it to split ... but other than that, it sounds great!

Anyways, it's just sitting around so I'm wondering how the JB sounds in the neck position?

Re: Does the JB make a decent neck pickup?

It'll probably sound good at 8K at the neck, that is, combined with an appropriate bridge pickup.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Sounds great but you probably need to set it lower than usual and it's a peach split (slug side is (marginally) better).
      Have you tried disconnecting the coils from each other and remeasuring to find out what's what?
      Last edited by msplines; 10-28-2004, 01:16 PM. Reason: didn't read the post properly

Comment

I think a JB sounds rather 'Strat-esque' when split. You'd be ok there probably, depending on what you like in a Strat sound. I used to use a JBn-JBb setup and I had a lot of trouble gettting them to match up volume wise. Once I did, though, the sound was awesome. With one coil being busted on yours however, it'll probably work (volume wise) just great. Good luck!

Farkus
        2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
        1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

Working...
        X