Unbelievable find!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unbelievable find!

Maybe he left me a little "token", for showing him how to do those hammer-ons.

btw - I think he stole my roll of electrical tape.

Wonder what he wanted that for.

(Are you serious about the Wolfgang?)
    Last edited by ArtieToo; 10-31-2004, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Yeah....some of the guitars that use pups direct mounted to the wood have to have the legs shaped to fit in. The other guitar that comes to mind is Parker. Are the mounting holes stripped out?

Cool find none the less....I usually just find dead bugs when I clean boxes out!
      My Sound Clips

Comment

I did the same thing today. I pulled everything out of my music room's closet, to get the roadcases and cabinets and stuff to my rehearsal studio. Then, I repacked the rest of the stuff more neatly. My score? I pulled my Bogner 2-12 cab out of it's roadcase platform, and realized I'd hidden nudie pics of my ex girlfriend there, to keep my current one from finding them. NICE! Great hiding place, too!
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H
          Yeah....some of the guitars that use pups direct mounted to the wood have to have the legs shaped to fit in. The other guitar that comes to mind is Parker. Are the mounting holes stripped out?

Cool find none the less....I usually just find dead bugs when I clean boxes out!
          The screw holes aren't stripped out. Just the tabs trimmed. This thing cleaned up real nice, and I'm hoping to get it installed tonight or tomorrow, to see how it sounds.

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
          . . . and realized I'd hidden nudie pics of my ex girlfriend there, to keep my current one from finding them. NICE! Great hiding place, too!
          You have my email address, right?

Comment

Hmmm, this has inspired me to clean out all my stuff and hopefully find something cool!
            "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

so *that's* how Seymour ages the Antiquity series! He randomly hides pickups in future users garages. what a concept. like santa arrived early or something. very cool. be sure to keep the box.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
                be sure to keep the box.
                Yeah, another might appear!
                "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo

I found something that fit neither of those catagories. In the bottom of a box that was mostly old car parts, (distributor, coil, etc.), and old motorcycle parts, (one coil-over shock, footpeg, etc.), laying all by itself . . .

. . . is a friggin reverse-zebra JB! (Sticker says, JBJ)

Artie

sounds like the ones out of the older USA kramer's?
                  their old baretta's had ONE reverse zebra JB.
                  those are said to to these

which would make your find a real good one now wouldn't it?
                  take a reading on it and if you get a 17+ reading congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
                    . . . very cool. be sure to keep the box.
                    Unfortunately, the box is gone. However, I can assure you that there were no more SD pups in it.

Originally posted by SABOTAGE
                    . . . take a reading on it and if you get a 17+ reading congrats!
                    One coil reads 8.1k, and one reads 7.9k - for 16k, on the button.

Actually, I'm sorta glad that its an "ordinary" JB, rather than one of "those".

Artie

Comment

Isn't that like a guitarists dream? Sift through junk and find gear you want hehe

Comment

Yup. The thing is, I still have about a dozen boxes to go through. A couple of them are almost too heavy to lift.

If I open one up, and find a Fender Bassman . . . I'll probably have to start going to church, or something.

Artie

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
                          Yup. The thing is, I still have about a dozen boxes to go through. A couple of them are almost too heavy to lift.
                          If I open one up, and find a Fender Bassman . . . I'll probably have to start going to church, or something.

Artie
                          If that happens,it'd be like church coming to you!!!
                          "Scalloped & Stickered"
                          A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Damn! All I ever find are dust bunnys and rat turds.
                            ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

Working...
                            X