Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JB or Breed

Originally posted by guitarshredder
    Dills, how does the Breed "Neck" Model sound like compared to a PAF Pro??? Also, can you post a sound clip of you playing the Breed's???
    I havent played a breed neck but it is "supposed" to be according to their website and a few others on this forum smoother, fatter, and louder than the paf pro's. The paf pro i wud say has more precsence and is more transparent, i dont like very middy neck pickups so i prefer duncans more organic Paf type neck pickups for more articulation.

I dont know how to post clips. Guys such as RG 2570, and Mac P will have a good idea what it sounds like here is a link to one of the earlier posts about the breed and Paf Pro.

PRS McCarty (59n, 59b)
    1990 Fender Strat Japan (SSL-1, SSL-1, APS-1)

Orange Dual Terror Head
    Blackstar HT-5
    2 Fender 12" Cabs with Celestion G12H30, Vintage 30
    Vox Pathfiinder 15R

Comment

At first I cud say i really liked dimarzios, and i wanted lots of mids and bass and wanted everything sounding big and fat, But after putting a set of duncans in my other axe i actually look forward to playing it more than my dimarzio loaded one, it just had a rawness and clearness that I liked and i figured that i dont need to make everything sound fat cos the bass player can do the low stuff, and when paying live the dimarzio's wouldnt cut through nearly as much especially if you have already a guitarist and keyboard player in the mix. I think ive been converted to duncans myself for what I play.
      PRS McCarty (59n, 59b)
      1990 Fender Strat Japan (SSL-1, SSL-1, APS-1)

Orange Dual Terror Head
      Blackstar HT-5
      2 Fender 12" Cabs with Celestion G12H30, Vintage 30
      Vox Pathfiinder 15R

Comment

I have guitars with both pups, Boogie, and know them well.
        What are you looking for?
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
        X