Pickup Replacement for New SG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Replacement for New SG

Just a week or two ago I Purchased a Faded SG Special, and I want to upgrade to a pair of SD's. I am looking for a decent metal tone that can also achieve decent a bright tone. Can someone give me some ideas on a good pickup combo that can handle that?
    Last edited by Fiber-Optics; 10-31-2004, 05:30 PM.

Fender MIM Strat (Hot Rails)
    Squier P-Bass
    Hamer Standard (import)

Re: Pickup Replacement for New SG

Check out a SH-13 in the bridge. I have them in both of my SGs.
    This space is for rent.

Comment

SH-5 Custom, bright, balanced, clear, and hot. Can do a decent clean, killer classic rock, and blow the doors off metal.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback! I listened to clips of the SD Customs and they sound pretty nice. Would a custom in the bridge and neck work? Or are there any better combinations with a custom in the bridge?

Squier P-Bass
        Hamer Standard (import)

Comment

The customs are all bridge pickups, there's no neck version. You could always use one in the neck anyway, but I think there are better choices out there. Personally the Pearly Gates is my favorite potted neck pup (Seths and Ants are good too, but not wax potted), the 59 is not my personal favorite, but is very good and well liked by many and would be a great match for the Custom.

Comment

Thanks, a 59 would sound good in the neck I will probably give that combo a try.

Squier P-Bass
            Hamer Standard (import)

Comment

Working...
            X