Wiring help for tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring help for tele

I'm rewiring my tele (G&L mfd neck,SD Lil 59 bridge) to a 5 way switch like a a Jeff Beck setup (tapped bridge, tapped bridge & neck, neck, full out put bridge, full output bridge and neck).
    Plus I want to have a dpdt switch to reverse the phase of the bridge pickup.

I understand the wiring setup, just not sure of which wire goes where from the lil 59 as it has 4 colour wires & a plain wire, where as my drawing only has 3 wires coming from the bridge pup.

cheers,

Brad

Re: Wiring help for tele

Hi Brad; Welcome to the forum.

Basically, use this diagram as a reference:

phase switching

The black wire in that diagram goes to your 5-way selector, and the red/white combo, goes to where ever your "tapped" wire goes to now.
    (Which will probably be the "other" side of the 5-way.)

If you're still not sure, I can make you up a diagram a litle later.
    (Starting to fall behind . . . again.)

Artie

Comment

Hi Artie, thanks for the welcome and the info

That is what I was looking for but,

Do I now solder the red and white wires to the 5 way switch to split them?

The diagram I have is from a 1996 Guitar shop magazine,
      the diagram titled 'Jeff Beck 5 way telecaster wiring with humbucking bridge pickup', courtesy of Seymour Duncan,
      But I can't find it on the site here anywhere.

Thanks for your time,

Brad

Comment

Hey Brad; This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but it gives you an idea of how its done:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/website...y-w-split.html

It shows how the red/white combo goes to the 5-way. There's various ways to connect the 5-way to get different combinations.

I couldn't find the JB wiring either, although I was sure I'd seen it before. If I find it, I'll post the link.

Comment

Thanks a heap, that will probably do it for me.
          Will have to do it later in the week, a bit busy right now, let you know how I get on.

Thanks again,

Brad

Comment

Brad; If you're not in a big hurry, I can make you up a custom diagram, if you think you need it. Let me know.

Again, I've gotten a bit behind and have a couple drawings in front of you.

Comment

Working...
            X