Zerberus you JB necked weirdo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zerberus you JB necked weirdo

Hey man, I was just thinking about how you said you like the JB in the neck position. I love that pickup but I've never heard it in the neck. Sometime if you've got a chance, could you post a clip of it?

Re: Zerberus you JB necked weirdo

yeah, JB neck! Want hear! As a matter of fact, ANYONE who has a bridge pup in the neck of their guitar...post a clip! We don't get to hear that very often!
    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
    Originally posted by Sosomething
    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

I second (or should I say third? ) that motion.

Comment

I'll try to record something with the Screamin' Demon in the neckposition of my V, as soon as I get my output jack replaced, you won't be able to hear much of it due to the buzzing it produces right now. We had a topic about the JB in the neck, but it kinda scared some of us off, so maybe Zerb could clear that up for us

Oh yeah, Zerb if you're reading this, what are you using the bridge together with the JB?
        Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
        Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
        Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
        Marshall 2x12 Vintage
        Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

My personal PC is still screwed, maybe sometime this year Iīll finally get a chance to find out what exactly the problem is.

The JB@ neck is almost the exact opposite of ehat it is at the bridge, tonally. Excessively warm and smooth, probably too warm for most people.

And I use it with a Custom @ bridge, Neera
          Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
            My personal PC is still screwed, maybe sometime this year Iīll finally get a chance to find out what exactly the problem is.

The JB@ neck is almost the exact opposite of ehat it is at the bridge, tonally. Excessively warm and smooth, probably too warm for most people.

I tried this combo too this week. I don't find that JB@neck is the exact opposite to JB@bridge. Ok it's warmer and smother, but not the opposite i think. But maybe it's beacause I had the JB far away from the strings. I made the experience that it get warmer and fatter near to the strings.

How far awy do you have the JB from the strings?
            Last edited by Marcel; 04-03-2004, 05:48 AM.
            RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
            TS 7 (modded)
            Hot Rod 50+ XL
            Framus Dragon 4x12
            V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
              Really? Doesn't the JB kill it, or is the Custom that high output? I also heard people saying it was bassier with more output. I believe you also posted in that topic, but you never got round to responding to my question, so is it true?
              Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
              Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
              Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
              Marshall 2x12 Vintage
              Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

If you lower the JB a bit, the Custom is more than hot enough

The axe is at Manuīs place, so I canīt measure right now. But the custom is REAL close to the strings, while the jb is more or less flush with its mounting ring. Poles are set to match the fretboard/ give even string response on both.
                Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I plan on putting my JB\Gibson 496R hybrid in the neck of my next guitar I build. I'll let you know how it turns out and post a clip.
                  ScreamingDaisy: I don't do sympathy. If you want sympathy, it can be found in the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis.

Comment

I used to have a 59N/JB combo in my guitar, i didn't like the hight output so I reversed the pickups. The 59N went to the bridge and the JB to the neck in parallel mode. With this configuration the outputs mach very well. The JB in the neck makes a warm sound with a single coilish caracter, a very nice sound!!. And the 59N makes it a bright, tight and clear.

Comment

I've got a JB in the neck of my Strat... Actually I have the same combo as Zerb but with a Screamin Demon squeezed in the middle!

It's hard to describe the JB in the neck. It can be muddy on the lower strings, but not in a bad way, if that makes sense. It's not too bassy even with the bass cranked on my Marshall. With a 500k tone knob it can go from the most biting neck pickup imaginable (think Dave Murray of Iron Maiden with even MORE balls) to a smooth, warm, bluesy tone. I played this guitar in my school auditorium at a reasonably high level... and I got compliments from a load of musicians about my sound.

Quite frankly I love it; I can't see myself ever taking it out of this guitar!

Comment

Working...
                      X