X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joelap
    replied
    Re: Hot Rails SONGS

Morello uses his hot rails in his new strat. He never used that with RATM.

One thing I always say about Morello's tone... it's less about the guitar he's using and more about his amp. JCM 800 2205 circa 85 or 87. He has NEVER changed the tubes. THAT is the secret to the tom morello tone. (I'm not referring to his weird DJ things, just his basic guitar tone).

I dont think anything you hear on Audioslave will scream "this is a hotrails" although he does use it most of the time (not sure if he recorded with them though).
    Last edited by joelap; 11-01-2004, 06:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TwilightOdyssey
    replied

Originally posted by the guy who invented
    lots of RATM and Audioslave...also some Nirvana...these are the only 2 that come to mind that have not been named
    Hmmm, I did not know that! Thanx for the info!

Leave a comment:

• the guy who invented
    replied

lots of RATM and Audioslave...also some Nirvana...these are the only 2 that come to mind that have not been named

Leave a comment:

• TwilightOdyssey
    replied

You can check out my clips at http://twilightsongs2.tripod.com, esp:

Dio Style Jam
    Ballad No. 1
    Rid Jam No. 2

All neck tones are all Hot Rails.

You can also check out the song Head in the Sand on the new Maiden album: that's got some classic Hot Rails action ... even tho Murray ripped me off and is now playing Waynes!!

Leave a comment:

• Fusion1
    replied

The Tele Hot Rails sounds a little different than the standard bridge Strat Hot Rails. Could be a difference one being in a tele and one in a strat.

Someday I will find a way to mount a Strat Hot Rails in the bridge of my tele to AB the difference once and for all.

Leave a comment:

• Davey
    replied

Rain, i dont know for BNW per se as i didnt 'pursue' the recording process as vividly as dance of death

the lead on nomad is a bit more buttery sounding to be a hotrail, but sound can be decieving (i should know hehe) as for the rest, it's probably a hotrail through various marshalls

Leave a comment:

• Jeff5
    replied

Check out John 5's Vertigo. He uses a custom made Tele with a hot rails in the bridge.

Leave a comment:

• Rainmaker
    replied

Oh wow learn something new everyday! Thanks Davey, always trustworthy Maiden source.

I've got the Rock in Rio DVD. I'm gonna bring it to a mates house and watch it there.

Do you know what tracks on BNW (and Dance of Death) don't have Murray on the Hot Rails?

Bee

Leave a comment:

• Davey
    replied

the intro lead to rainmaker is not the hotrails.. it's a really old buttery gibson les paul

if you want hotrails in action, get maidens Rock in Rio, preferably the DVD

as for studio albums, all you can do is guess. i believe dave used his wayne on wildest dreams. Brave new World (song) is the hotrails. the clean lines are position 2 on the switch. a lot of songs on BNW were recorded with the hotrails, but your best bet is still rock in rio

Leave a comment:

• Rainmaker
    started a topic Hot Rails SONGS

Hot Rails SONGS

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some songs that have Hot Rails in them... I looked at the database and most artists use more than just the Hot Rails, so if you know any songs where this pickup is used, please tell me which!

(The intro hook from Maiden's Rainmaker is one of them)

Bee
Working...
X