Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rails SONGS

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some songs that have Hot Rails in them... I looked at the database and most artists use more than just the Hot Rails, so if you know any songs where this pickup is used, please tell me which!

(The intro hook from Maiden's Rainmaker is one of them)

Bee
    Originally posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Re: Hot Rails SONGS

the intro lead to rainmaker is not the hotrails.. it's a really old buttery gibson les paul

if you want hotrails in action, get maidens Rock in Rio, preferably the DVD

as for studio albums, all you can do is guess. i believe dave used his wayne on wildest dreams. Brave new World (song) is the hotrails. the clean lines are position 2 on the switch. a lot of songs on BNW were recorded with the hotrails, but your best bet is still rock in rio

Comment

Oh wow learn something new everyday! Thanks Davey, always trustworthy Maiden source.

I've got the Rock in Rio DVD. I'm gonna bring it to a mates house and watch it there.

Do you know what tracks on BNW (and Dance of Death) don't have Murray on the Hot Rails?

Bee
      Originally posted by Kanye West
      Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Check out John 5's Vertigo. He uses a custom made Tele with a hot rails in the bridge.

Comment

Rain, i dont know for BNW per se as i didnt 'pursue' the recording process as vividly as dance of death

the lead on nomad is a bit more buttery sounding to be a hotrail, but sound can be decieving (i should know hehe) as for the rest, it's probably a hotrail through various marshalls

Comment

The Tele Hot Rails sounds a little different than the standard bridge Strat Hot Rails. Could be a difference one being in a tele and one in a strat.

Someday I will find a way to mount a Strat Hot Rails in the bridge of my tele to AB the difference once and for all.

Comment

You can check out my clips at http://twilightsongs2.tripod.com, esp:

Dio Style Jam
              Ballad No. 1
              Rid Jam No. 2

All neck tones are all Hot Rails.

You can also check out the song Head in the Sand on the new Maiden album: that's got some classic Hot Rails action ... even tho Murray ripped me off and is now playing Waynes!!
              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

lots of RATM and Audioslave...also some Nirvana...these are the only 2 that come to mind that have not been named
                If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented
                  lots of RATM and Audioslave...also some Nirvana...these are the only 2 that come to mind that have not been named
                  Hmmm, I did not know that! Thanx for the info!

Comment

Morello uses his hot rails in his new strat. He never used that with RATM.

One thing I always say about Morello's tone... it's less about the guitar he's using and more about his amp. JCM 800 2205 circa 85 or 87. He has NEVER changed the tubes. THAT is the secret to the tom morello tone. (I'm not referring to his weird DJ things, just his basic guitar tone).

I dont think anything you hear on Audioslave will scream "this is a hotrails" although he does use it most of the time (not sure if he recorded with them though).
                    Last edited by joelap; 11-01-2004, 06:55 PM.
                    7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
                      You can also check out the song Head in the Sand on the new Maiden album: that's got some classic Hot Rails action ... even tho Murray ripped me off and is now playing Waynes!!
                      it's FACE in the sand man (yes, i am being very anal when it comes to maiden)

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
                        it's FACE in the sand man (yes, i am being very anal when it comes to maiden)
                        Yeah, yeah, yeah ...

Comment

Originally posted by joelap
                          Morello uses his hot rails in his new strat. He never used that with RATM.

One thing I always say about Morello's tone... it's less about the guitar he's using and more about his amp. JCM 800 2210 circa 85 or 87. He has NEVER changed the tubes. THAT is the secret to the tom morello tone. (I'm not referring to his weird DJ things, just his basic guitar tone).

I dont think anything you hear on Audioslave will scream "this is a hotrails" although he does use it most of the time (not sure if he recorded with them though).
                          Look very close at the "Creamy" guitar...it is a cream color white, with a rosewood fretboard...this guitar stays in "Drop B"...it has a hot rail in the bridge!
                          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

morrello usually uses a neck single coil on about 95% of his sounds. he only uses the hotrails for solos/noises. he only uses it if he needs a hotter sound.
                            -Greg

Guitars:
                            2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
                            2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
                            2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
                            Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented
                              Look very close at the "Creamy" guitar...it is a cream color white, with a rosewood fretboard...this guitar stays in "Drop B"...it has a hot rail in the bridge!
                              I've never seen a pic of the Creamy... could you send me one? I thought he used "Creamy" on "Freedom" which is in DropD?

Thanks!
                              7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

Working...
                              X