single coils in strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• single coils in strat

i have a standard mexican strat with a maple neck, and i dont know what single coils to put in. ive read good things about the fender custom shop 69's. the seymour duncan antiquitys look good to. i also called seymour duncan and a guy told me the ssl-5's, and ive also read about the ssl-1's. i am going to be playing alot of hendrix, pink floyd, guess who, stevie ray, and chilli peppers, but more hendrix than you can imagine. i like that real late 60's kinda tone. so can you help me out, thanx.

Re: single coils in strat

I heard that Alnico IIs can give u the "Hendrixy" sound, i might be wrong, might be right. Ive been looking to get that kind of sound too but with a little heavier tone and with Humbuckers...
    There is no spoone
    - The Matricks

Comment

Hopefully flank will pop in here. I know he just replaced a set of Fender CS69's in his Strat with something else, and likes it real well. They might have been SSl-1's, but I'm not sure.

Artie

Comment

please search for the Ultimate Strat Tone thread by Lew...ALL questions answered there!
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

also, check the reviews of vintage strat pickups in the Vault

that will help you quite a bit
          "music heals"
          facebook

Comment

Working...
          X