Would this work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this work?

Hi! I've just bought an Epiphone Les paul Gothic (cos I couldnt afford a Gibson), and like the reviewers at www.harmony-central.com I think it's a great guitar to play on, but that the pickups are rubbish, and that's why I'm here =).
    The tonewizard told me that a JB or custom would work in the bridge, but judging from the audiosamples I like the Duncan Distortion much better. For the neck I don't really know, it recomended either the '59 or jazz and I think they sounds pretty much the same. My question is; will a Duncan distortion "work" in my guitar? And which neck pickup would be a good complement to it? I play stuff like guns and roses --> Iron maiden --> In flames.

Btw, it's Mahogny body and neck, alder top and rosewood fingerboard (though it's supposed to be ebony), set neck and no tremolo.
    Last edited by Leveller; 11-03-2004, 07:14 AM.
    The cake is a lie!

www.myspace.com/eternalexilesthlm

Re: Would this work?

I had a Duncan Distortion set in a LP for quite awhile and it works very well. In the neck I had a Distortion neck model which is a very cool pickup if you want extra output and girth in the neck slot but either the 59 or Jazz neck models will also sound very good.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Thank you for the advice, now all that's left to do is to debate with myself for a week and change my mind 20 times, and then find a local dealer that sells pups. =)
      The cake is a lie!

www.myspace.com/eternalexilesthlm

Comment

Originally posted by Leveller
        Thank you for the advice, now all that's left to do is to debate with myself for a week and change my mind 20 times, and then find a local dealer that sells pups. =)
        LOL, sounds like my wiring questions...

I have a JB/Jazz set and I'm more than happy, JB is very versatile and can cover a lot of ground, and the Jazz is real nice, clear and not muddy.
        "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

Working...
        X