Jazz model in Tele bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jazz model in Tele bridge

I have a Jazz model in the neck of my SG and love it to death. It sounds sort of like Radiohead's sound from Hail to the Theif. I have a Tele that I want to swap out the bridge pickup. I'm thinking about putting a Jazz in the bridge for a crystal clear sound. Would you guys suggest this? Is the Jazz model also good for bridge position? And how do you think a Little '59 would compare to the Jazz in the bridge?

I love the Jazz Model in the bridge. I've never tried it in a Tele, only in Les Pauls. You'll definitely get a nice clean and clear sound from it.

Comment

Since you mentioned the Lil59, which has a Tele bridge model, just wanna let you know there is no Jazz bridge for the Tele. You can put one in, but it would require a HB bridge and some routing. I have the JB and Jazz in my Tele and very happy with the killer tones. The Lil 59 in my other Tele bridge has a crunchy grind and hint of the Tele snap. I don't use the Lil 59 for any clean tones, I have a CCRider neck for that.

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
      Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
      Celestion speakers
      Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
      Too many pedals....

Comment

I installed a Jazz Model in the neck of my Tele and it sounds so clean that even at high volumes can I get it slightly dirty.

I thought though that it would match well with the DiMarzion HS-3 on the bridge position but the output difference is abysmal. I was really disappointed by that.

I bought a Lil 59 from Wattage and I think that'll even things out. I dunno what would you get with a Jazz in the bridge position, but I think you'd get serious fat tones with it, even in a bridge of an ash bodied Tele.

Butnut, do you think it's better to install a full 59 humbucker rather than the Lil 59 (or even a JB or other)? Do you think the Lil 59 do the job well?

Dan
        82 Epi Riviera Matsumoku - DiMarzio DP103 PAF/C-5b
        91 Fender Strat Plus - Gold Sensors
        96 Epi EJ-200/VS - Duncan Mag Mic
        96 Epi Sheraton II - Gibson Classic '57/DiMarzio DP155 Tone Zone-b
        98 Epi LP Std - '59/C-5b
        06 Gibson LP Special DC TV Yellow - DiMarzio DLX Plus/DP210 Tone Zone-b
        10 Gibson LP Traditional - 57/57+
        Samick Tele - Jazz Model/Little '59b
        Marshall JCM 800 (reissue), Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 401 and Marshall 1960A
        Boss ME-8, Boss FV300L, Dunlop Wah

Comment

Well Dan, I never used a 59 so I can't honestly say..I do love the JB in the bridge with the Jazz. The Lil59 is in Goldie and has it's own 'sound' which shines with some gain on it...I have the CCRider neck which is really a 'jazz' pup, cleans like the SD Jazz, but with some P90 bite, when together with the Lil59, it's a rocking rythem tone...you may like the Lil59 with the Jazz...at least you won't need to route the body, I'd say try it since you got it.

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
          Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
          Celestion speakers
          Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
          Too many pedals....

Comment

Working...
          X