Which Duncans for Blues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Duncans for Blues?

Well if sounding like BB King is okay with you I'd reccomend any of the A2 PAF style pups, or a set of Antiquitys. APH, SL, PG. A 59 wouldn't be bad at all either if it's bass doesn't bother you like many people say I got nothing against it. My vote= APH because I love A2, it's great for blues and cheaper than the ants.
    Fender MIA Strat (Blue/Red Velvets)
    JB Player Strat (Norton/PAF Pro w/ 5way superswitch)
    Fender HotRod Deville 212 Cleans baby clean.
    Vox Valvetronix 30w AWESOME!!!!!
    Dunlop Classic Crybaby
    Do you know any geniuses, I wish I knew myself better.

Comment

Blues has many sounds so it's really a question of what you prefer. In general: avoid the HM pickups and you'll be OK.

Marin
      °
      my stuff

Comment

I'm going with a Alnico II Pro and Cusom Custom combo. Thanks for all the help guys, I really epreciate it!
        Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
        Ibanez RG1570 Custom
        PRS McCarty STD
        '71 Gibson SG Custom
        Bogner Alchemist 2x12
        Vox AD15VT

Comment

The A2P/CC combo is my absolute favorite. But don't let that influence you, please. I know what I like, but I don't know what you like.

I can say this though, you've always got the Duncan 21 Day No Suck policy. Be sure to make a decision quickly, then do the exchange thing if you're not happy. If you're dealer refuses to participate, then call the SD factory in Santa Barbara and tech support will help you do a return.

It's not any safer than that. But you've got a really good change of loving the A2P/CC based on what you were asking for.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

I cant seem to find the AP2 on MF.com. I think I found it, it says it's $104? Is that the right one?
            Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
            Ibanez RG1570 Custom
            PRS McCarty STD
            '71 Gibson SG Custom
            Bogner Alchemist 2x12
            Vox AD15VT

Comment

hmm, anyone got sound clips of this combo of clean and crunchy? ima make a thread in the clips as well, lol.
              esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
              fender mim standard strat
              peavey classic 30
              johnson j-station
              original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
              dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
              yamaha f-310p acoustic
              taylor 410 acoustic
              "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Hey BluesGuy; welcome to the forum. Just thought I'ld point out that we have at least two resident forum SD dealers. LewGuitar and BlackRose . I've had real great service from Lew, and I've heard nothing but good things about BlackRose.

You may want to check them out.
                Last edited by ArtieToo; 04-04-2004, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X