X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Re: Which Duncans for Blues?

Hey BluesGuy; welcome to the forum. Just thought I'ld point out that we have at least two resident forum SD dealers. LewGuitar and BlackRose . I've had real great service from Lew, and I've heard nothing but good things about BlackRose.

You may want to check them out.
    Last edited by ArtieToo; 04-04-2004, 07:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• xerxes
    replied

hmm, anyone got sound clips of this combo of clean and crunchy? ima make a thread in the clips as well, lol.

Leave a comment:

• BluesGuyJ
    replied

I cant seem to find the AP2 on MF.com. I think I found it, it says it's $104? Is that the right one?

Leave a comment:

• Scott_F
    replied

The A2P/CC combo is my absolute favorite. But don't let that influence you, please. I know what I like, but I don't know what you like.

I can say this though, you've always got the Duncan 21 Day No Suck policy. Be sure to make a decision quickly, then do the exchange thing if you're not happy. If you're dealer refuses to participate, then call the SD factory in Santa Barbara and tech support will help you do a return.

It's not any safer than that. But you've got a really good change of loving the A2P/CC based on what you were asking for.

Leave a comment:

• BluesGuyJ
    replied

I'm going with a Alnico II Pro and Cusom Custom combo. Thanks for all the help guys, I really epreciate it!

Leave a comment:

• Marinblues
    replied

Blues has many sounds so it's really a question of what you prefer. In general: avoid the HM pickups and you'll be OK.

Marin

Leave a comment:

• brinton
    replied

Well if sounding like BB King is okay with you I'd reccomend any of the A2 PAF style pups, or a set of Antiquitys. APH, SL, PG. A 59 wouldn't be bad at all either if it's bass doesn't bother you like many people say I got nothing against it. My vote= APH because I love A2, it's great for blues and cheaper than the ants.

Leave a comment:

• Wattage
    replied

Man anything in the tweaked PAF range will get you home for sure. The A2P might be a little too friendly sounding for a Hot Rod like the EVO though. The Phat Cats are cool but the nickel covers might look a little funky? I'd probably throw in a set of black open coil 59's, a little edgy but still in that old school range. Good luck with the new axe and welcome to your next obsession the SDuncan Forum.

Leave a comment:

• sweet_lou
    replied

Originally posted by Tweed
    Antiquities would be a very good choice, as would a set of Phat Cats, although I'm not familiar with your guitar. I recently dropped a set of Phat Cats in a LP and they sound great. They really do give up the goods on the P90 tone, which makes for some great blues sounds. Mine are extremely quiet as well.
    I second the Phat Cats I just put a set in My Epi over here on the left.

Leave a comment:

• stevie ray
    replied

Originally posted by BluesGuyJ
    Thanks for the advice guys, really. These forums are great. On musicianforums.com, kids would hav just said get EMG's like Kirk and Zakk. . . lol. Muchas Gracias!
    yea. What's ur name on musicianforums?

mines this one obviously (look to ur left)

I find this forum more helpful on a technical standpoint

Leave a comment:

• BluesGuyJ
    replied

Thanks for the advice guys, really. These forums are great. On musicianforums.com, kids would hav just said get EMG's like Kirk and Zakk. . . lol. Muchas Gracias!

Leave a comment:

• Scott_F
    replied

I have experience playing the following;

PG
    CC
    Anti
    Seth Lover
    Alnico 2 Pro
    JB
    Phat Cats (P90 Tone)

My favorites for blues woud be the Phat Cats, then the Alnico 2 Pro neck witha custom custom bridge. That A2P/CC combo will also do a great job with classic rock.

I'm just a p90 ho though. Just love em.

Leave a comment:

• xerxes
    replied

first thing i thought of were seth lovers. they are basically what the antiquities are from what i heard. only difference from what i heard is the antiquities have a worn in sound where the seth's sound new.

Leave a comment:

• BluesGuyJ
    replied

Here's a link of my new baby:

http://deanguitars.com/evo_dragster.htm

I'm actually going to get a complete set of Alnico II Pro's, then some gold hardware. And yellow pickup covers, just picture it! Now that's gonna have tone and stage presence.

Leave a comment:

• Tweed
    replied

Antiquities would be a very good choice, as would a set of Phat Cats, although I'm not familiar with your guitar. I recently dropped a set of Phat Cats in a LP and they sound great. They really do give up the goods on the P90 tone, which makes for some great blues sounds. Mine are extremely quiet as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X