Dimebucker or DD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimebucker or DD?

Hi it's me again, just here to ask one more pickup question. Last time I came here I had asked you all for metal pickup suggestions and I ended up choosing the Duncan Distortion pickup. I still haven't purchased it yet but I was doing a little more research and I would like to know how it compares to the Dimebucker pickup. Which one would you all say is better for metal? Dimebucker or Duncan Distortion? Thanks.
    Guitars:
    Epiphone Gothic Les Paul Studio
    Epiphone Silverburst Les Paul Custom
    Schecter C7 Hellraiser

Amplification:
    Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier

Pickups:
    Seymour Duncan Distortions and EMG 707s

Re: Dimebucker or DD?

DD sounds is more to treble and mid, and SH13 sounds more to bass and treble.
    and..... the DD outputs is higher than SH13
    ===THE MAPLE FRETBOARDER===

Comment

Oooo decisions decisions lol. Which one do you think would sound more like Godsmack and Disturbed?
      Guitars:
      Schecter C7 Hellraiser

Amplification:

Pickups:

Comment

tried both in the schecter. dime seemed to have more treble, dd has tons more mids, less bass. Nothing beats the palm mute chunk in the dime in my opinion. I was surprised how low output dime is. I got rid of it cause I wanted more mids, and the highs were a little icepicky. a good metal pickup, but i'd say the dd if you want the tone you're looking for.
        dan

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Comment

Duncan Distortion, always a good decision.
          Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

I agree with the previous poster. I have a Dime and like it. But it is very trebely and a little too icepicky for me. Its a great pup, if that's what you're looking for. Great under distortion, great with palm mutes, and cleans up well too. DD has more mids and probably a little more solid on the lows, you won't get the "squishy" palm mute that you get out of the Dime if that makes any sense. Its really a personal preference thing, both are good.
            Last edited by Jeff5; 11-04-2004, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Repvenom,

You made the right decision IMHO, Don't second-guess yourself.

I tried the distortion and the BillLawrence pickup that Dime once used (I've been told it's pretty close to the SD) and I felt that the DD was a far better pickup. If all you're looking for is agressive distortion then the Dime might be your cup o' tea (5th o' wiskey might be more appropriate) but if you want character the Distortion is much better.

Comment

Thanks guys for the helpful replies. I think I will stick with getting the DD and see how that goes.
                Guitars:
                Schecter C7 Hellraiser

Amplification:

Pickups:

Comment

Working...
                X