Invader oxide caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invader oxide caps

Does anyone know where I could obtain the oxide caps from the Invader/Detonator (aside from buying more of either pickup )?
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: Invader oxide caps

ACE Hardware carries them 10-32 threads 5/8" or 3/4". You can also find fastener suppliers online that carry them. McMaster; Nutty; Fastener Express etc. etc.

Comment

Thanks! Looks like its gonna be easier to get them than I thought
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Yep, good luck!

Comment

just out of curiousity why do you need oxide caps? Are you making your own invader of some sort? i think those caps make a pick up look bad ass!
          Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

I know they alter the tone somehow but I'll just add to your question...how do they alter the sound?

Comment

I stuck the caps from a Detonator into an Evolution, and it gave it a little of that "Invader-ness." This is gonna make it sound bad, but it sort of mucked up the Evo a bit, like you laid a blanket over the top of your amplifier, but liked how it sounded.

I was always under the assumption that the caps were only to make the Invader look tough, but I'm now convinced they're a crucial ingredient in the tone.

And, yes, I am gonna goof around with replacing some more polepieces with them.

First up is the JB with the Invader's ceramic mags (the JB From Hell ) It's already hella-sweet, and I think the caps will be fun.

Comment

Working...
              X