i have a question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have a question..

I wanted to know which pickup is best to get very good note definition at high gain levels, as well as have a great palm muting sound, sort of a scratchy sound like (if anyone knows) propagandhi on their latest record... thanks alot

Re: i have a question..

I love the Distortion under high gain. I get very good note definition. The Custom also stays pretty articulate under high gain as well. Don'tknow the band you mentioned, but either one of those pickups would be good for palm muting chugga chugga riffs.
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

I'm a custom user and it sounds really good for what you're looking for... It all depends on your amp but it is a nice sounding pick-up: nice low-end, crisp definition, etc...

Comment

I like the JB for crunchy rock tones!

Wally

Comment

I'm another Custom fan. Also, if your amp has plenty of gain, a 59 or Pearly Gates will have plenty of definition under gain, as will the Screamin Demon.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Screamin' Demon will do what you ask.
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
            X