JB question, new vs old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB question, new vs old?

I decided to just go back to the JB in my '86 kramer usa pacer after trying the custom and considering buying a rio BBQ.
    the custom is real nice but does not sound as rich and complex as the JB did?
    so i decided to just put up with the lack of low end girth from the JB and go back to using it.
    this is a older standard spaced JB that i am told has a warmer tone than the newer ones?
    I am interested in buying a tremspaced one for the kramer from a guy here named travis,will this newer tremspaced JB have the same tone as the older '86 JB?
    Last edited by SABOTAGE; 11-05-2004, 10:56 AM.

Re: JB question, new vs old?

I guess i will just buy the TB-4 from travis and find out myself ?
    Last edited by SABOTAGE; 11-06-2004, 09:36 AM.

Comment

LOL, sorry man, i cant help!! count this as a bump!
      Epiphone Les Paul Studio (59 neck and JB bridge)
      Marshall Valvestate 8080 (80 watts)
      Korg AX1500G multi-fx
      RAT
      Boss PH-1r
      Ibanez cf-7
      Ibanwz ts-7
      Danelectro tremolo
      Vintage RAT - needs a fix!

Not much else - it does the job

Dooogz is taking a break from SD - ill be back soon crew!

Comment

Originally posted by Dooogz
        LOL, sorry man, i cant help!! count this as a bump!

thanks for the bumb,i am sorry if i came off a bit P.Oed
        but i really just wanted to know if any one knows if the older JB's are better sounding than the newer ones?
        over at other forums many say the older JB is warmer and a bit hotter?

Comment

Dude, you went barely an Hour without a reply before you bumped it yourself (with an answer that probably immediately turned away anyone who was about to post I might add.). Please, slow down, Man.

While there may be multiple thousand people registered here, only a hundred or so are actually "regulars". And weŽre not all just sitting here refreshing our screens, drooling to answer a question that has been asked (and answered) a thousand times. Some of us also have lives outside the forum

I recommend you do a search for "JB" and "old" in the pickup lounge, IŽm 100% sure youŽll find something to help you out
          Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
            Dude, you went barely an Hour without a reply before you bumped it yourself (with an answer that probably immediately turned away anyone who was about to post I might add.). Please, slow down, Man.

While there may be multiple thousand people registered here, only a hundred or so are actually "regulars". And weŽre not all just sitting here refreshing our screens, drooling to answer a question that has been asked (and answered) a thousand times. Some of us also have lives outside the forum

I recommend you do a search for "JB" and "old" in the pickup lounge, IŽm 100% sure youŽll find something to help you out
            I appologize

see i want to buy a used TB-4 trembucker of a guy here and kind of needed a answer fast

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
              While there may be multiple thousand people registered here, only a hundred or so are actually "regulars". And weŽre not all just sitting here refreshing our screens
              speak for yourself man

*presses the F5 button*

Comment

The JB has not changed. It should sound the same if everything is ok.. keeping in mind that ears can change over time
                My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Working...
                X