Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty SD STC-3M4 Stingray Bass Preamp

Hi, newbie from the UK.

I recently purchased an SD STC-3M4 EQ for one of my Stingrays from a US-based parts seller - I also use the same type of SD pre-amp in another Stingray, and in a Jazz Bass with no problems at all.

After changing the battery last week, the pre-amp just died. I'm electronically competent and have checked every termination, solder joint, wire continuity, fresh battery, battery contacts, the lot, and can find nothing wrong so assume the fault is down to a surface-mount component on the board which is impractical to replace.

There is some residual background noise when plugged in through an amp, but this doesn't change in "tone" when the bass, mid or treble knobs are boosted, as I'd expect if the pre-amp was still working.

The seller is claiming "no returns on any installed electronics", despite the fact it's developed a fault within 3 months of purchase.

Do I have any recourse to warranty with Seymour Duncan, and if so how would I go about getting a replacement?

Thanks in advance,
    BTUK
    Last edited by bassthingUK; 11-06-2004, 11:34 AM.

Re: Faulty SD STC-3M4 Stingray Bass Preamp

You are in the wrong place I think. It is easy to contact SD direct from the home page.

Comment

good luck with it though man - gear breaking when it's new can be heartbreaking

Comment

Contact Duncan directly if you purchased it new within the last three months they should replace it. You will need a receipt though to prove purchase.

Comment

Thanks for the replies - have contacted SD directly and will see where it goes.

Wondering if anyone else has had similar problems with SD preamps - I appreciate this forum isn't the ideal place but as there doesn't appear to be a basslines or preamps forum, this was closest I could find.

BTUK

Comment

You are on the right forum. When I said you weren't in the right place, I only meant that if you have a complaint or a warranty issue, you need to contact the manufacturer directly. hope it goes OK.

Comment

Working...
            X