Telecaster pickups upgraded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telecaster pickups upgraded

I put a post up earlier in the year asking about upgrading pickups in my Telecaster, and thanks for all the replies.

I finally ended up going for a Seth Lover in the neck, and a Lil 59 in the bridge. A guy called Graham, who's the tech down in the basement of Andys guitars in Denmark Street in London did the job for me (This guy seriously knows his stuff).

Anyway, the guitar rocks now, and has now become my new favourite gigging guitar. The Seth gives a really nice rhythm sound, is also great for leads, and can handle everything from jazz to rock. It has a really warm, clear, distinctive tone. Really nails the Keith Richards tone when used open G!

The Lil 59 nicely balances out the Seth, and Graham set it up to be used as a split single/humbucker with a push/pull tone pot. Really useful when I need a bit of treble. The pick up is not as warm as the Seth, but still very "rock and roll" and really compliments the bite of the Tele.

It's a great pickup configuration which has turned a 300 pound Japanese 50's reissue into an amazing sounding guitar, and well worth the 280 pounds spent on it (ouch!).

Really recommend looking at these pickups for a Tele if you play rock and rock and roll.

Re: Telecaster pickups upgraded

glad youre happy with the results dylan!!

Comment

Working...
    X