Need pup change advise...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need pup change advise...

This is my first pup change. I like the sound of the trembuckers but I don't know if I should get the Parallel Axis or standard? Also do I have change my volume pot? I play a Strat through a Mesa Boogie Dual Rect and I am looking for the more modern pup, solid low-end w/o sacrificing the highs. Is this the pup for me?

Re: Need pup change advise...

Depends on how hot you want your pickup to be. The Blues Trembucker is a really overlooked pickup, and is great with trem equiped guitars, adding back much of the warmth that the trem bleeds away. I don' really have experience with the Distortion Trembucker or the others.

As for the pots, if you are replacing a single coil in the bridge, you will most likely need to change the pot. General rule of thumb is 250k for singles, and 500k for humbuckers.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

Re: Need pup change advise...

I currently have a bucker in the bridge, the stock one that came with the Standard Special Strat. It has a toggle switch to change from a dual bucker to a single. So then I don't need to change the pot? I think the distortion trem would be too hot of a pup in comparison to my other guitars. I don't want to have to adjust the settings on my amp greatly from one guitar to the other. How does the blues trembucker compare to the original trem?

Comment

Working...
      X