X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Invader puts a hurtin' on an 81...

Originally posted by Vincent
    Dont worry about Screamingdaisy...

He's one of those ppl who suffer from "My-EMGs-are-the-best-syndrome". I offered reasons why EMGs may not be optimal / flexible enough for some new-forumer who wanted to play rock but Screamingdaisy doesn't take very well to criticism of his beloved EMGs. Anyone who thinks differently to him is either 'retarded' or 'stupid'...

Stick to your opinions guys, trust your ears first. Not the testosterone-fueled rantings of some pro-*insert p/u brand name here* forumer.

I only defend them so much because they're surrounded by so much mis-information. If everyone simply posted facts vice hype, I'd have nothing to pick apart.

Oddly enough, my favorite pickups are single coils, but no one seems to pick on them....

Edit: Mis-informed hype? Case in point;

If you ask me, there is a lot of hype nowadays about EMG pickups, but that's exactly what it is, just hype. A lot of nu-metal guitarists who have been playing for a few years favour these EMGs cos they make playing more effortless through a cranked-out Mesa due to the high output nature of the pickup.
    I see no reasons given as to why EMGs weren't optimal / flexible enough for some new-forumer who wanted to play rock. All I see is a bunch of BS served on an anti nu-metal platter.

Nice attempt to jab though.

Last edited by some_dude; 11-08-2004, 04:54 PM.
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

I've been using this set of 81s for about 7 years, and they've been through a ton of guitars. I will say that I think they make different guitars sound more similar than, say, a JB, but I don't think there's any truth to the "good guitar sound like crap, crap guitar sound good" idea.

I have this love/hate thing with EMGs, so I think right now, I just happen to be swung over to the hate side The only reason I was going to take them out of that guitar is it happens to be my only other Floyd guitar, and I wanted to have it for a backup.

The other possibility is that the Invader & the JB just happen to fit me better. I tried the Distortion & Screamin' Demon (both of which are obviously very revered) and didn't care for them.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Dont worry about Screamingdaisy...

He's one of those ppl who suffer from "My-EMGs-are-the-best-syndrome". I offered reasons why EMGs may not be optimal / flexible enough for some new-forumer who wanted to play rock but Screamingdaisy doesn't take very well to criticism of his beloved EMGs. Anyone who thinks differently to him is either 'retarded' or 'stupid'...

Stick to your opinions guys, trust your ears first. Not the testosterone-fueled rantings of some pro-*insert p/u brand name here* forumer.

Propaganda used to fight hype

You Sir suffer from "EMG Sucks syndrome". You don't understand the EMG system and the battery aspect probably scares the heck out of you.

EMG has been around long enough that people that use them know what they like. Besides on a good day EMGs will bring out the best of your gear and technique and on a bad day EMGs will make you look foolish.
        Fat Strat into a Soldano, always.

Comment

Working...
        X