Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacing pick-ups

i want to replace a humbucker and 2 single coil-sized buckers,
    in my guitar which has 1 hum and to single coils.

and i know that those SL59 and SLSD got 4 cables.
    while my stock single coils just got 2.

i wonder what i should do.
    cause i dont know anything about WIRING
    Fender Strat Special (SH-1n, SSL-1, TB-4)
    Danelectro Fab-tone
    Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
    Digitech Whammy 2
    MXR M-101 PHASE 90
    Dunlop GCB-95 Original Cry Baby Wah

Re: replacing pick-ups

Check out the Seymour Duncan page.

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Under Support/Schematics.

I just went through this routine last night. I had to hunt and hunt for an HSS 5/way setup with coil split, and for a standard HH 3/way. Look under every heading and you should find what you're looking for.

I'm not sure what to do with the middle humbucker. I'm guessing you connect the black to the middle post, the white and red together and taped off, and the green and silver together and to ground. Other members please chime in if I'm incorrect (AND, I'm color blind so it's always a shot in the dark for me!.... Seymour, if you're listening... more vivid colors please!!).

You need a soldering iron and solder, a quiet room, some tunes, and about an hour or two uninterrupted time... which is like pure gold at my house... very rare!

-Matt
    Originally posted by Scott_F
    On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Originally posted by JammerMatt
      ... and about an hour or two uninterrupted time... which is like pure gold at my house... very rare!

-Matt

this is SO true !!!

cheers
      t4d

ps - the other advice is spot on too
      gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

thank you ^^ ...
        it seemed very difficult to handle those 2 lil buckers
        Fender Strat Special (SH-1n, SSL-1, TB-4)
        Danelectro Fab-tone
        Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
        Digitech Whammy 2
        MXR M-101 PHASE 90
        Dunlop GCB-95 Original Cry Baby Wah

Comment

Working...
        X