banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good neck p'up to balance with C-5 bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good neck p'up to balance with C-5 bridge?

I've used a Seth and a Jazz in tandem with my C5 in a les paul type axe, and my personal fave is the Jazz in the neck to get ultra pristine cleans. When you turn down the tone for the bridge you can get a semi 59 type clean which is quite nice. I like the balance between them though.

Oh, 1st post on new forum!!!!! Jeez, took me a while!
    'Without music life would be a mistake'.

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by papersoul
      I knoe this sounds way lame but my BB Pro neck is covered and the C-5 bridge is open coil so something keeps promting me to want to swap around.

Now I am going to have a covered BB Pro bridge and open 59 in my Dean.
      I understand... Personally i don't like the guitars with cover/uncover pickups. Go ahead and change it, You will have a new tone in both guitars. And, as I said, if it doesn't work just undo the change and you will be were you are now.

Comment

If your guitar's neck slot is particularly warm, the '59 may be a bit muddy at the same amp settings that make your C5 sound warm.

Th PGn could also pose the same problem.

The Jazz may be the solution if that is the case. Although it has less balls and "push" than a '59 or PG, it balances out the heavy thickness of the neck slot very well.

Something to consider if you are looking for a bit more balance between the neck and bridge pickups.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Rig: Gibson SG's > Peterson Strobostomp > Guyatone SV-2 Slow Volume > Voodoo Labs Microvibe > MXR '74 Phase 90 > Barber Tone Press > Barber Tone Pump > Skreddy Pink Flesh > Boss DM-2 > Maxon GE601 Graphic EQ > Reverend Kingsnake
        buggjuice.net
        MySpace: Mac-P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Thanks guys...it's a lot to consider.

Maybe I should wait and settle on the bridge pickup, first. LOL!

So far the C-5 is doing well, but I want to try the Custom and maybe the Rio BBQ in my Paul before I settle.

I am thinking C-5/59(Jazz or PGn also) I don't want mud in the neck for soloing. These three with the C-5 all seem to be popular.

Also, I am considering the Custom with the above.

PS.....I don't like ultra pristine cleans that are squeeky clean.....I like more meat to my cleans.
          Last edited by papersoul; 04-07-2004, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X