EMG neck p-up suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG neck p-up suggestions?

OK i know that the emg hz h4 is a model of the emg 81 without the 'active' in it.... i'm planning to use that as my bridge p-up for my guitar.... but i haven't got a clue which emg is a good neck p-up that is a lot more mellow rather than harsh. (looking for an alnico type magnet for the neck)
    Schecter C1 Blackjack (with emgs 81/85)
    Gibson SG

Laney HCM 65R
    Marshall MG 30DFX

Boss MD 2 mega distortion
    Line 6 Guitarport

Jim Dunlop Tortex picks

Re: EMG neck p-up suggestions?

Are you sure the H4 is supposed to mimic the 81? I played with one, and it didn't make me think that at all. Regardless, I don't know if there's any EMG passive that'll fit the bill. Maybe the old ones with the exposed polepieces?

Do you just happen to have one of these, or do you really dig the tone? I don't mean to sound rude, but the general concensus (myself included) is that the passive EMGs aren't all that great. It'd be interesting to have a fan
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Alexi Laiho from Children of Bodom uses the H4, IIRC he stated the reason is because the 81 is too hot for him.

I´d like to give you more help, but the only EMGs I really know my way around are the actives
      Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
        Alexi Laiho from Children of Bodom uses the H4, IIRC he stated the reason is because the 81 is too hot for him.
        I dig the other guy better. He has... one... Invader...
        Wackor
        Ørdøg
        NecroPolo
        Diabolus in Musica
        SIDrip Alliance
        Book of Shadows
        RKH

Comment

If you're going passive, I'd check out Duncan or DiMarzio. You don't need to match brands between the two pups after all.
          || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Working...
          X