SPDT Instead of push pull?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPDT Instead of push pull?

I measured the guts in my LP, and I have enough space for a push-pull in one of my neck spots...

but not enough for a push-pull in one of my bridge spots.

So I'm thinking of maybe trying to install an SPDT for my bridge, but don't know how. Won't you help me?
    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
    Originally posted by Sosomething
    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Re: SPDT Instead of push pull?

PLEEEEEEEEZE??

I understand the schematic, I'm just not sure how I should put it in. Is it okay to try to replace the tone pot with it? Would it be better to *gasp* DRILL?

I just had another thought: The schematics on the website wouldn't indicate this, but would it be possible to wire BOTH the bridge and neck pups to one push-pull pot? That would save me some trouble.
    Last edited by korovamilkdud; 04-05-2004, 07:56 PM.
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.

Comment

Lets make sure of what you have first. Is this a Gibson LP or a LP type guitar made by a manufacturer other than Gibson? It makes a difference.

A spdt switch in a push pull pot is so rare that I have never seen one. You most likely have a spst push pull, and if your switch section only has 2 terminals, that is what it is. Spst switches are simple on/off type switches and are most commonly used for coil splitting. Connect the red/white wires of the pickup you wish to split to one terminal and connect the other terminal to ground. Pretty simple stuff.

If you do have a Gibson, you'll need to remove the nuts from all four pots and disconnect the switch wires, output jack wires, pickup leads and the bridge ground lead from the pot assembly in order to remove the entire steel plate and pot assembly from the guitar to switch the pot out. Make sure your spst p/p pot has a 3/4" threaded bushing if you have a Gibson with the steel plate.
      www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
      www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
      http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Okay, I hope I'm not confusing people or making an A$$ of myself, or both. I hate when that happens.

1.It IS a '99 Gibson LP Studio
        2.I don't actually have any switches yet, but I'm trying to figure out how I can split both the bridge and neck pups, whether I need 2 different switches, or if both pups can be wired to one switch, or what.
        3.I took a ruler, and measured the cavity: I also looked up some info on switches on the stewmac site. I need 1 1/8" for a push-pull. I have enough space in the neck pots, but not the bridge...SO I was thinking of getting 1 push pull for the neck AND one SPDT toggle switch for the bridge (I have enough room for that one)

Let's see if that clears anything up. Sorry for any confusion.

Comment

I tried the Allparts website to get you their part number for the item you need but it isn't navigating properly for me.

That you need to do this job properly are two 500k analog taper long shaft spst push pull pots. They will have the proper split knurled shaft and 3/4" bushing needed for mounting into that guitar. You can order them from Allparts.com through Guitar Center or other retailers, or you can fimd them online. It helps to have the Allparts part number if you order them through GC.

You won't be able to mount the toggle switch in that LP without some serious changes being made in your control cavity.

T4D got a new gig!

Comment

Cool, I have 2 of them here at the house in the original allparts packaging. The Allparts Part # is EP4486 and they list at GC for $12.00 a piece.

T4D got a new gig!

Comment

Working...
            X