Distortions for a Hamer Artist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distortions for a Hamer Artist?

Do you think this would be a bad combo? I absolutely love the Distortion, it's my favorite pickup. And it's much more versatile than a lot of people think. But I'm wondering how it might behave in my Korina Artist. I was considering about a Custom Custom/APH-1 set, but after throwing a pair of Distortions in my Diablo, I'm rethinking it.

In other words, has anyone tried a Distortion in a semi hollow body?
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Re: Distortions for a Hamer Artist?

I played one of those a while ago that had a pair of Seth's I believe. This was an incredible guitar. Beautiful cleans and great overdriven tone. I like the distortion as too, however I find that it doen't clean up that well. I think that you would be sacrificing the clean tones. I guess it depends on the style of music that you'll be playing if this is a factor. The CC/APH1 set would be pretty versitle and you already have a guitar with a set of DD's. Why not try something different?

Comment

Working...
    X