Trembucker....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trembucker....

Original, distortion, or blues? Which should I choose? I have a Strat through a dual rect Mesa Boogie and am looking for a warm, modern sound. The Mesa will probably cover my low-end well, so should I look for a pup w/ more high-end to fill my sound?

Re: Trembucker....

i love the blues trembucker!!!!

a killer very versitle, balanced pup. with your amp you should be able to do almost anything, its got all the gain and bottom youd ever need so why not use a great toneful pup that isnt as hot and compressed to let you get the most out of your amp

Comment

Can I get a natural, nice sounding feedback from the Blues or do I need a hotter pup? I play feedback sometimes through certain effects for 'background noise'.

Comment

ALthough the idea behing the blues is to get more of a PAF tone.....

For modern IŽd be more tempted to recommend the Original or Distortion, the latter especially with the feedback comment
        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

The Blues is one of the best pickups I've ever used. But it's definitely not a hot pickup, it has only slightly more output than a typical PAF-style pickup. If you can get the gain from your amp, it's a great choice. If you need a hot pickup, I'd go with the original trembucker. If I remember correctly, the Parallel Axis Distortion model is one of the hottest pickups Duncan makes, so that might be overkill.

Ryan
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

I agree. I think the Distortion Trem would be nice, but drastically different in output compared to my other guitars. When I am on stage, I wouldn't want to have to readjust my amp from one guitar to the next. I think I need the Original Trem, a nice mix of the warmth of the blues and the output of the Distortion. Thanks yall

Comment

Working...
            X