Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combos for Strat!!

Hi guys!
    Gibson (or everything else with 2 humbuckers) players have their cool, well known, versatile combos like JB-Jazz, C5-Jazz and a lot more..
    What with such combos for Strat?? What great pickup combos do you use and for what styles??

Re: Combos for Strat!!

Well....For the combo in my Strat....Just read my signature at the end of this msg....
    _

Comment

I think the Alnico II Pro neck and the C-5 in the bridge is about as good as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by Stratcat
        I think the Alnico II Pro neck and the C-5 in the bridge is about as good as it gets.
        And what about "3-singled" strat??

Comment

Originally posted by edi_87
          And what about "3-singled" strat??
          Duncan Antiquity Texas Hot neck/middle, Custom bridge.
          Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Comment

well, jeremy turned me onto the neck and mid Alinco 2 flats along with a twangbanger in the bridge for that Tele tone when you need it.

Another favorite is a Cool Rails neck, Vintage Rails mid and Hot Rails bridge. (no one talks about this combo much any longer, but when I joined the board many moons ago, it was the number one noiseless single coil tone combo out there)

Another great combo is two duckbuckers in the neck and mid with a more tradional small humbucker in the bridge (like a demon or a 59).

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

well not a strat, but I have a sing-sing-hum Ibanez and I may put this in:

lil 59 neck, cool rails middle, Distortion bridge.

what do you guys think?

Comment

How does the Hot Rails- Vintage Rails - Cool Rails combo sound like?

Comment

I put a HR/VR/CR combo in a friend's mexi strat and it sure did cover a lot of ground, everything from Hendrix, to Sublime, to Pantera. He really enjoyed it. on my strat, I really like the Fender CS 62 set or the CS 62 neck and middle with a Dimarzio Fast Track 1 at the bridge.
                  Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I prefer the vintage style pickups, which means SSL's, APS's, and the Antiquities.

My favorite strat has SSL's.

the most vintage tone I get is with my Antiquity strat.

the one I play mostly right now has APS's, with a Hot bridge. I'd like to try the Twangbanger sometime - I think it might be a better match. As everyone will tell you, the APS's are smooth and fat.

you can hear clips of these on my site, BTW.
                    "music heals"
                    facebook

Comment

HAISL MAN
                      can you send me a clip with full distortion of your dimarzio super 3 bridge/

Originally posted by Scatterwound
                      Well....For the combo in my Strat....Just read my signature at the end of this msg....
                      Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
                      Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
                      Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
                      Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
                      Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
                      Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
                      Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
                      Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
                        I put a HR/VR/CR combo in a friend's mexi strat and it sure did cover a lot of ground, everything from Hendrix, to Sublime, to Pantera. He really enjoyed it. on my strat, I really like the Fender CS 62 set or the CS 62 neck and middle with a Dimarzio Fast Track 1 at the bridge.
                        Benjy, what about cool rails?? I've heard it's clean which is outstanding, and what about the dist sound?? full, warm, smooth but powerfull??? ( my ideal fo neck )

Comment

Cool Rails is pretty fat sounding with distortion, it's about even with a 59 as far as output goes, but it does retain some of the bite that a single has. All in all, it's a very versatile pickup that in no way sounds shrill at the neck.
                          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
                          X