X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brinton
    replied
    Re: Custom Wound Pickup

Well I haven't played any of the customs but I'm pretty sure one of them will do you good (Custom, CC, C5). If you want something hotter than the PG and a little more bass I'd reccomend the C5 considering it's described as a beefed up PAF (which is what the PG is, except with a very little twist). Also considering that the PG is a2 mag. it's bass is naturally softer and smoother. Whereas the C-5 is...... you get it. Something a little pricey to do would be buy a PG bridge and have Alnico 5 magnets swapped in. Wait for other feedback before you let my opinion in your head because I haven't played one of the customs yet plus I want to see what others think about an A5 PG.
    Last edited by brinton; 04-04-2004, 06:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Dream
    started a topic Custom Wound Pickup

Custom Wound Pickup

Hey guys, I just got my first set of Duncans, A PGn and a Blues Trembucker for my Ibanez JS. These pickups are absolutely perfect for me, so now I want to replace the Evolutions in my Rg550.
    The PG is THE neck pickup for me so I'm sticking with that, but for the bridge I'd like a hotter PG with more bass. I was wondering if anyone has an idea what an Alnico II Pro would sound like wound at 10-12K? Would it be too mushy for rhythm or would I just get more crunch?
Working...
X