Gibson Ripper Pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Ripper Pickup

Hello, I have a Gibson Ripper bass producted around 1975. It has been sitting around for about 15 years. I have been told one of the pickups needs to be rewound but I cant find anyone to do it. Does anyone know what / where I can replace it with?

Re: Gibson Ripper Pickup

Tom,

Welcom to the board buddy...the Duncan Custom Shop already offers a Ripper pickup...it's $170.00 direct from the CS, right to your front door. MJ could also re-wind the one you have as well, just give her a call, seh's a great lady, and the best do deal with ever!

P.S.
    Cool bass!!!

The guy who invented fire
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Wow that was quick, I have been searching for over a year. I got a link to this place from Grguitars.com. I have been told several time that the pickup couldn't be rewound because the pots are glued right into the epoxy or some such thing.

Comment

not sure about all that...I'll say this, If it can be done MJ can do it (MJ is the lady who runs the Custom Shop), or maybe you just want to but a new one, since it comes from the CS it will be hand made by MJ in the CS, when you order it...it will take a few weeks, but if you've waited a year, a few more weeks won't hurt! The best pars is that it will be shipped right to your front door!
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

plus going custom shop means you can just say 'i want x amount of mids, y of bass, z of treble' kinda thing

welcome, btw

Comment

Way to steal my name

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tom M
                Way to steal my name

That's pretty funnny

Comment

Facebook - My facebook page
                  Kemo For Emo - My band. Now verified on Facebook & Spotify!

Comment

Working...
                  X