Help me ID the 500T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me ID the 500T

I took the Gibson 500T and 498R out of my LP, and I didn't mark them. Now, I can't tell them apart because they look practically the same. Do I hook a meter up to the black wire and to the green and silver and read the resistance, and the higher resistance is the 500T?

Thanks, Matt
    Originally posted by Scott_F
    On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Re: Help me ID the 500T

The neck pickup has the longer lead.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

I 'think' the 500 has longer legs than the 496 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert S.
        Doh!!!

Why didn't I think of that??

Thanks
        On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

If those pickups cam,e out of a Les Paul CLassic then the neck is a 496r. If they are in zebra I'd also be interested.

Comment

Sorry, no zebra, they're black. Yeah, they might be 496R, I could never remember the nomenclature, and it's not labelled with any identification. Do you know if they're ceramic or alnico?

-Matt

Comment

Ceramic

Comment

I was thinkin' that because it seemed to break up pretty quickly using my clean settings. Seemed like sorta high output for the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert S.
                  I checked the lead lengths and they are the same. The legs are the same length, and the only seeming difference is that one bobbin is "taller" than the other. I'm guessing that this one's probably the 500T since it might need to be "taller" to get closer to the strings?

-Matt

Comment

Working...
                  X