Can anyone verify this for me......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone verify this for me......

After hooking my full rig up and jamming at Full .... I mean Satge volume It seems like my Dimarzio Breed has more output than my Full Shred.

Also the Full Shred seemed awesome for Rythym tones, but for leads it just seemed a littlle well I can't explain it. For one thing it seems like it is harder to get ceratin pinch harmonics out of it in certain places like the G in the 3rd fret on the E string.

Is the Breed a higher output pickup?

Re: Can anyone verify this for me......

It's pretty hard for me to compare since I've not actually played either! But, you might try raising the weaker pup or lowering the stronger pup slightly.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Maybe output wasn't the word I should have used, I have them both raised so that the input on my wireless gets the same amount of signal wiithout clipping and they both seem to be abot the same in volume, but the Full Shred just isn't as easy to get those harmonics with.

When it is said that a pickup is hotter than another, or is HOT, Does that refer to volume or distortion, or are both equal as far as pickups go?

Comment

Have you got them in the same guitar?

Which position is each one in? It's usually a lot easier to get harmonics from the bridge pup as opposed to the neck pup.

To my knowledge the Breed is also a hotter pup than the Full shred
        My clips

Originally posted by Rid
        How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

I know which one is higher output for sure, however, output can be an illusion depending on the frequency shape IMO. If you have a pickup that has a fairly even EQ it's output may not seem as high as a pickup that has one smaller range of frequencies spiked like the mids or something that might drive the amp harder in that range.

It's kind of the same reason that JCM800s and some of those older amps seem to be so much louder and pack more *punch* than newer amps of the same wattage....the emphasized frequencies are in a small range giving it a perceived higher output.
          Last edited by ranalli; 11-13-2004, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X