Series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series?

How does it sound to have 2 hums wired in series?
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: Series?

Series is standard humbucker wireing. So haveing two humbuckers wired in series would Double the output, and Give you a massively fat tone. How it sounds depends on way to many factors to really generalize it. Depending on the p'ups and body wood, neck wood, etc... its gonna be different for everything basicly. Ed
    www.experimentsinlowfidelity.com

Originally posted by Aceman
    I like the cream in there. Don't know why.

Comment

I wasn't searching for a really technically specific answer, just something like "Loud as f*ck" or "hella shi*ty"
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Depends on what type of humbuckers...two high output pickups wired in series would likely be a loud, muddy mess. Two PAF's wired in series might have a more usable tone.

Ryan
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Hey JB; This isn't exactly what you're asking, but I just wired my two QP's in series, and now that I've played with it a few days, I'm going to undo that connection. There is a considerable boost in output, with a corresponding loss of high-end and "openness". It definitely sounds worse in series.

I don't know if it would be different with humbuckers.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
            Hey JB; This isn't exactly what you're asking, but I just wired my two QP's in series, and now that I've played with it a few days, I'm going to undo that connection. There is a considerable boost in output, with a corresponding loss of high-end and "openness". It definitely sounds worse in series.

I don't know if it would be different with humbuckers.
            Thanks Artie. I may still try it out, just for sh*ts & giggles, but I'm not gonna have high hopes or anything

Comment

Working...
            X