Got Jazz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Jazz

When I was home from college this weekend, one of the shops in town was having their annual "Midnight Madness" noon to midnight sale. I stopped in about 10:30 and played a couple of guitars and then noticed that they had pickups for 40% off. Since I've been wanting to switch out the 59n in my SG for quite some time, I picked up the Jazz and put it in. Today I went out and got new strings and after tuning it up, my jaw dropped... It sounded so much more like I wanted from my neck spot. Cleans were much glassier, clearer, better balanced... Distorted chords were significantly beefier to my ears, and neck leads were way better - more singing, I would say.
    The only problem I encountered was that after getting everything back in place, I was having trouble with my D and G strings fretting out at the 11th -13th frets. I *think* I have that figured out now though. I'll go back tomorrow and look at it again.

Re: Got Jazz

I like the jazz too, fat, but not too fat (although I haven't exactly done much comparing)
    "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

i got da JAZZ as well. (A-team) I think it's a fantastic pup. The neck sounds good clean OR distorted. The lead tone is good especially higher on the neck but I love the tone with dist. on picked chords.

Luke
      “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Try some quick runs overdriven. The Jazz is right on for that. Very articulate IMO.
        Originally posted by Scott_F
        On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Working...
        X