Don't laugh, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't laugh, but...

I'm gonna go pick up one of those Squier Bullet Specials (the one hum cheapie strat). It looks like a helluva lot of fun for $99, and lots of room for mods.
    So on to the funny question... which pup would be best for a laminated body: Invader, Custom, DMZ Super Dist, JB, or EMG 81?
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: Don't laugh, but...

I would go for the super distortion, gotta love them

Comment

You know, if I was better at soldering, etc, I'd totally get a junk strat like that and just go crazy. it would be a total pickup monster

Comment

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by \m/(00)\m/
          Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha
          *sniff, sniff*

BTW, "Ya know, the sad part is... he wasn't ALWAYS an evil monkey..." hehe gotta love the Family Guy
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I think you need to install a JB FROM HELL!!
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Personally, I'd go with a Dime.
              Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I had an Epiphone sg special awhile back. Its also a laminate body guitar. And The only pickup I could find that sounded decent in it was an Invader. But that might a just been due to the amp/guitar combo or sumthing. But I dunno. I think you'de be better off spending an extra couple bucks and getting one of the affinity strats. Still super cheap. But the body is solid wood (agathis). Ply wood guitars never sounded good to me. But thats just my opinion. Ed
                www.experimentsinlowfidelity.com

Originally posted by Aceman
                I like the cream in there. Don't know why.

Comment

Hey JB; For what its worth, I have one of those Bullets, (although, not the single hum version), and one of these.

There's no comparison in the quality and sound. The Johnson is way better, for about the same money. Just a thought.

Comment

Well, I got home with the Bullet about an hour ago. It's one of the new Lake Placid Blue ones. I stuck the Super Dist in it, and it sounds a bit bright. I think the 9 guage strings may be a little to blame, however. I'm gonna reserve judgement until I get some heavier Slinkys for it. I was gonna toss in the Invader, but I think I'll roll with the old school metal sound for awhile

I adjusted the action, set the intonation, and replaced the plastic volume knob with a silver metal one, and MAAAANNNNN I'm digging this thing. What's the deal with cool cheap guitars being so much fun?

Oh yeah, one last thing... The sticker from the pickguard claims that it has a "Solid Hardwood Body." Time to check the Fender website and see what the deal is.

Comment

I thought you were gonna say that you've never used a JB...

Comment

Originally posted by mrid
                        I thought you were gonna say that you've never used a JB...
                        the JB is busy f*cking sh*t up in the RG570 at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
                          Personally, I'd go with a Dime.
                          I'd love to try one out, but the reason I didn't list it is I have all the pups listed above (except the Custom.)

Comment

Id go with some that has a real strong character as i dont think that laminate body would sound to good. An EMG or one of Dimarzios highout put humbuckers would work imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dodger
                              Id go with some that has a real strong character as i dont think that laminate body would sound to good. An EMG or one of Dimarzios highout put humbuckers would work imo.
                              Turns out its not a laminate, but likely agathis. The Super D is rockin it pretty hard at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X