Les Paul Studio - which length pots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Paul Studio - which length pots?

I'm upgrading my '93 Les Paul Studio with CTS 500K pots and using push/pull pots for the tones knobs to split each humbucker. My question is what length of shaft do I need - long or short? I opened up the back last night and I do have a plate that the pots are mounted too. Also, if I need the long shaft, does anybody make a push/pull pot with a long shaft?

Thanks!

Re: Les Paul Studio - which length pots?

the last studio i worked on had short shaft pots but i dont know if thats indicitive of all of them. the easiest way is just to pull one out, there is a pretty significant difference and its easy to tell. that way youll know for sure

Comment

I replaced the the pots in my 93 Les Paul Studio and it needed long shaft pots. I believe that all Les Pauls that have the pots fastened to the metal control plate need the long shaft pots.

I removed the metal control plate from my studio when I changed the pots and threw it out, but I still needed the long shaft. The short shaft ones I tried didn't give me enough clearence. The knobs were resting right on top of the body practically.
      Peavey Classic 30 with Celestion G12H30
      Keeley Modded Boss BD-2 / SD Pickup Booster
      1993 Gibson Les Paul Studio- Custom (b) 59 (A4) (n)
      2001 58 Gibson Les Paul Reissue- 50th Anniv Seth Lover Set
      2002 Gibson Gary Moore Signature Les Paul- Stock
      2004 Gibson Les Paul Standard- Antiquity Set
      2001 Gibson ES335- 57 Classics
      2004 Gibson Les Paul Jr.- Antiquity Dog Ear
      Highway-1 (parts-o-caster)- Antiquity Texas Hot set
      Highway-1 (parts-o-Tele)- Antiquity Set

Comment

Just always go long....then you dont need to worry. If you ever pull them out you can use them on anything. And take that metal plate and pack it away where it cant do you any harm, but youll find it in 25 years and you can sell it to some dip**** who wants to restore a 93 Les Paul!

Comment

Just always go long....then you dont need to worry. If you ever pull them out you can use them on anything. And take that metal plate and pack it away where it cant do you any harm, but youll find it in 25 years and you can sell it to some dip**** who wants to restore a 93 Les Paul!

Comment

long

Comment

Working...
            X