Gold Magnets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gold Magnets?

pure gold is not good for string meterial. it's got a similar consistency as copper. and you know you can bend and tear a copper wire.. now try that with a steel wire and try not to cut your fingers of. now gold plated instead of nickel plated, that's a diferent cup of tea

Comment

there's always these kind of questions that come up in my mind. LIKE:
      Using an alloy with Neodymium for pups, they use that for speakers!
      Basically just anything alternative to ceramics and (AlNiCo)'s like fenders samarium cobalt!,

It's just cool to see stuff that's different. It'd probably be hard to get it right but we've come far as hell since the P-90, most people still prefer the old way like pafs, fender single coils etc. but stuff like active pups, stacked SCs and strat-90 type pickups are ground breaking,

and I'm sure there's another thing to come in tone: amps, pups like lace, line 6 stuff (variax guitars, POD) modeling stuff. Although I hate the POD and Variax guitars because they don't exactly sound good to me, I really respect the effort to be revolutionary, it sucks when the best thing you hear isn't from modern technology, but from something 40-50 years ago. But then there's stuff like better than vintage (antiquity strat pups, JB, PG, etc. vintage flavor with modern twists). too much writing sorry
      Fender MIA Strat (Blue/Red Velvets)
      JB Player Strat (Norton/PAF Pro w/ 5way superswitch)
      Fender HotRod Deville 212 Cleans baby clean.
      Vox Valvetronix 30w AWESOME!!!!!
      Dunlop Classic Crybaby
      Do you know any geniuses, I wish I knew myself better.

Comment

I've always thought about glass for stuff like frets, nuts, saddles etc. and using all the elements like einsteinium, califorium, cerium etc (all that crap on the bottom of the table) for pups & speakers.
        I'm interested in making a strat and tele pickup fit side by side in a HB slot, and having both coils tapped and then wiring it up for the 4 individual sounds in one position.

enough!
        Last edited by brinton; 11-18-2004, 08:20 PM.
        Dunlop Classic Crybaby

Comment

Brinton, Neodymium works fine for pup magnets, but you have to use very small pieces on the back of each pole piece; it is way too strong otherwise. You cannot use neodymium magnets as the pieces as you can with Alnico.

Comment

what about if you weakend it's magnetic properties, mixing it with a rather dull metal, creating an alloy that's not as pure. Or do like you said use it like a HB uses a bar, bottom loaded.
            what happens to it's magnetic properties when you melt a whole bunch of steel and then add some neodymium or anything else different into the mix.
            Dunlop Classic Crybaby

Comment

i'll just add this.. if you think a pod doesnt sound good, you havent heard it used properly... take a listen to my music and then say the sound aint good.. do that and i'll come stab you .. in the ear.. repetedly.. over the next couple of weeks..

or better (maybe worse, who knows) i'll send the guy from my avatar to be your neighbour.. forever
              Last edited by Davey; 11-19-2004, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Hej, glass on the frets should be COOL
                other thing is the titaniumHARDWARE on the guitars. i guess it will fit very well the COSMETICAL way... cause THE RUST in metal parts are a ****ing pain in the ass. i dislike it. it leaves your guitar in a pitty. Q:/
                she becomes ugly. ahahahahah
                Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
                Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
                Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
                Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
                Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
                Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
                Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
                Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by brinton
                  I've always thought about glass for stuff like frets, nuts, saddles etc. and using all the elements like einsteinium, califorium, cerium etc (all that crap on the bottom of the table) for pups & speakers.....!
                  Problem is that 8 out of 10 of these elements are radioactive. Essentially anything heavier than Lead is out of the question because it´s either that or highly toxic
                  Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

aahahah HOLY ****.
                    imagine the SCENE : a guy is soloing in the highest of the frets....
                    after the last note, hi pulls the floyd BAR and " ALACAZAM"
                    HE Falls directly into the ground
                    AND DIES.
                    ahahahahahahaha
                    CAUSA MORTIS? INTOXICATION BY RADIOCTIVE MATERIALS(IN HIS GUITAR)
                    ahahahahahahahahah
                    BLACK HUMOR.
                    ahahahahahaha
                    Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
                    Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
                    Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
                    Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
                    Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
                    Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
                    Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
                    Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
                      i'll just add this.. if you think a pod doesnt sound good, you havent heard it used properly... take a listen to my music and then say the sound aint good.. do that and i'll come stab you .. in the ear.. repetedly.. over the next couple of weeks..

or better (maybe worse, who knows) i'll send the guy from my avatar to be your neighbour.. forever
                      I think I'm gonna come stab you in the ear

Seriously I didn't dig any of your clips, they sounded fuzzy distortionwise, no high end, and then there's your "brown-sound"..... that's funny, like POD funny.

I just don't like the POD, I was always open to it, I almost for sure know more about tweaking that thing than you, I've changed every single thing on that POD and it's no good to my ears, digitaliac would be the word, harsh under every condition even when the treble is really rolled off, like in your clips.

The VOX Valvetronix, that is a great modeling/regular amp. It's got the real tube tone, and has a very realistic volume drive. Excellent amp, makes the POD seem comparable to danelectro.
                      Dunlop Classic Crybaby

Comment

sorry to sound firm, but I was sincere.
                        Dunlop Classic Crybaby

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
                          i'll just add this.. if you think a pod doesnt sound good, you havent heard it used properly... take a listen to my music and then say the sound aint good..

Is this a joke or are you serious???

Comment

that's why I said his brown was funny like POD funny.
                            Dunlop Classic Crybaby

Comment

what about glass, or clear frets, clear whatever on a guitar looks cool. pickguard for example.
                              Dunlop Classic Crybaby

Comment

ROFL

i give you the brown sound fiasco, but you sir, dont know good tone. seriously. if you didnt get a good tone out of a pod you havent tweaked it properly period. changing everything on it is not relevant. you have to tweak the right things. it's not the real deal, thats given, but i dare you. if you dont know with what it's been recorded with you wont know that it wasnt a pod... digitalised. give me a ****ing break.
                                i never said all of my sounds are good. far from it, but some of em are just as good as the real deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X