Hex screws?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hex screws?

Would 12 hex screws have any difference in tone than 12 blade head screws?
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: Hex screws?

Yes.

Unfortunately, I donīt remember how exactly the tone changes, but I think Jeremy did this to a PUP not too long ago, heīll surely chime in if
    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

For me it seems to tighten the lows and make it a tad bit brighter. I guess some might say it makes it more compressed but for heavy playing I prefer it over slotted poles. YMMV as always.

Comment

I was asking because I was gonna "try out" a Dirty Fingers by replacing my Invader's oxide caps, but the only thing I have laying around is hex screws. I guess it won't be a good comparison, but might be cool anyway
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Yes, and No.

Its more a matter of what the screws are made of more than anything else. All screws are normally made of an alloy. So its just a matter of what different metals are used in the alloy. Cause the magnetic field isn't really that much different. Ed
          www.experimentsinlowfidelity.com

Originally posted by Aceman
          I like the cream in there. Don't know why.

Comment

I just swapped the oxide caps out for hex screws.... and now the oxide caps are right back in. Perhaps 10 minutes wasn't enough of a chance, but my gut said, "this sounds like sh!t" and I've learned to trust it in these matters

Comment

Originally posted by Low_fidelity2100
              Yes, and No.

Its more a matter of what the screws are made of more than anything else. All screws are normally made of an alloy. So its just a matter of what different metals are used in the alloy. Cause the magnetic field isn't really that much different. Ed
              All polepieces are made of a magnetic material by all manufactirers, otherwise theyīd be useless. Classic single coils or "stag mag" style pups are the exception, here the poles ARE the magnets.

And as we know from physics 101, a magnetizable piece placed into contact with a magnet "extends" or "directs" the magnetic field. Both shape and material are crucial to the way it gets spread around the strings, and with what strength in what area. And therefore crucial to the tone

Otherwise, a dirty fingers and an invader with poles made from the same material would sound identical, but they donīt (tried it a long time ago)
              Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Working...
              X